- Shut down a Windows Server instance that has multiple disks and is in Enhanced mode.
- Select Add vNIC from the Actions drop-down menu, enter the settings for the new vNIC, and click Add vNIC.
- Start the instance. After it boots, all disks other than the boot disk are offline.
- Our engineering team is investigating the root cause and working on a permanent solution to this problem.
- Open Disk Management in the instance.
- Right-click on each offline disk in turn and click Online.
- The disks will then be online and will remain online through reboots.
- Run command prompt as administrator.
- Enter diskpart then enter san
- If the output says "SAN Policy : Offline Shared", proceed to the next step.
- Enter san policy=OnlineAll
- Enter list disk
- For each Offline disk:
- select disk # (e.g., select disk 1)
- attributes disk clear readonly
- online disk
- Now all the disks will remain online even after adding additional vNICs.