To perform an action on a specific application template, in the Ignite management console, open the Application Templates overview page. Action buttons are located to the right of each template in the list.
Creating a new instance
- Click New Instance to the right of the template.
- Enter a name (required) and a description (optional) for the new application instance.
- If you want to create more than one instance, enter the desired number of instances in the box provided.
- Select the virtual datacenter where the instance should reside.
- Select the migration zone where the new instance should reside.
- If the instance requires a specific compute category or tag, expand Compute Constraints and add the desired category and tags.
- Select a storage pool for the application disk(s).
- Select a networking mode for the instance. If you choose virtual networking, select a virtual network from the drop-down menu.
- If you don't want the instance to start upon creation, deselect the checkbox; start upon creation is enabled by default.
- When you are ready, click Create Instance.
Editing a template
- Click the ellipsis button (...) to the right of the desired template and select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the template properties as desired.
- Click Save Changes.
Duplicating a template
- Click the ellipsis button (...) to the right of the desired template and select Duplicate from the drop-down menu. Ignite will immediately create a duplicate copy of the template and add it to the template store.
Deleting a template
CAUTION: This action cannot be undone.
- Click the ellipsis button (...) to the right of the template you want to delete, and select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Delete.