A file can be recovered from a snapshot in one of three ways:
Clone and attach a vDisk from the snapshot containing the file to an instance, and copy the file from there to the desired location.
- Clone and attach a vDisk from a snapshot that contains the file to the destination instance by following these steps.
- In the instance's console, copy the file from the vDisk clone to the desired location.
- On the instance's Profile page, click ... beside the clone vDisk and select Delete disk.
- Click Delete vDisk. This action deletes the clone vDisk and leaves the original snapshot intact. If changes were made on the clone disk, they will be lost when this disk is deleted.
Create a new instance from the snapshot containing the file, and copy the file from there to the desired location.
- Click ... beside the desired snapshot, then select New instance from the drop-down menu.
- Configure settings for your new instance and click Create instance.
- This will create a new instance from the state the original instance was in when the snapshot was taken.
- Copy the file from the new instance to the desired location of the file.
- On the new instance created from snapshot, select Delete on the Actions drop-down menu and click Delete Instance.
Revert the instance to the snapshot containing the file, copy the file to another location, return the instance to its latest snapshot, then copy the file from the other location to the instance.
- On the instance's Local Snapshots tab, click Revert next to the snapshot that contains the file.
- Check the box to Take a snapshot of the current instance before reverting, then click Revert. This will put it in a temporary revert state and no snapshots will be deleted.
- In the instance's console, copy the file to a location external to the instance.
- Click Return to Latest. No snapshots will be deleted, and the instance will return to the state it was in when the latest snapshot was taken.
- Copy the file from the external location onto the target instance.