Note: Although nested virtualization can be enabled through the Ignite Management Portal, Cloudistics cannot support individual forms of nested virtualization
Problem: When creating an instance from an ESXi 6.5 ISO, the ESXi installation wizard doesn't list any hard disks
Note: Not all versions of ESXi will work on Ignite. The version of hypervisor being installed on the instance must be compatible with Ignite hardware: the CPU type "Intel Xeon E5-2600-v4 Series", and the hardware "Dell PowerEdge FC430" and "Dell PowerEdge FC630"
- Force-reboot the instance
- When the instance starts to boot into the ESXi installation ISO, press Shift+O to Edit Boot Options
- Add preferVmklinux=TRUE to the end of the line. Press ENTER to apply the changes
- The ESXi installation ISO will now recognize the disks
- After completing the installation force-shutdown the instance to unmount the ESXi installation ISO, then start it to boot from hard disk