Problem: Virtualization cannot be enabled within an Ignite instance's OS, even though Nested Virtualization is enabled in the instance's profile.
- Although nested virtualization can be enabled through the Ignite Management Portal, Cloudistics cannot support individual forms of nested virtualization
- Hyper-V cannot be run within an Ignite instance
- The version of hypervisor being installed on the instance must be compatible with Ignite hardware: the CPU type "Intel Xeon E5-2600-v4 Series", and the hardware "Dell PowerEdge FC430" and "Dell PowerEdge FC630"
- Shut down all the instances on which you wish to run a hypervisor
- Check mark the "Nested Virtualization" box in the instance's Profile page in Ignite
- SSH or open the hardware console into each compute node with username manager and password is what you set when the hardware was registered
- Run sudo su and re-enter the manager password to become root
- Run cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested. If it returns N, proceed with remaining steps. If it returns Y, no more actions need to be taken on that compute node
- Reboot the compute node
- Log back into the compute node and run cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested. It should return Y
- Start your instances. You will now be able to install and run hypervisors within the instances